22 August 2011

Orange Ginger Carrot Cake

Giles came to visit me today and the event warranted a cake.  As ginger men apparently require ginger fuel I wanted to make a ginger cake and came across this cake on a blog I love www.sweetapolita.com

I think I must check it at least 3 times a week and love reading Rosie's posts about her baking and family, and the cakes she produces always look incredible and I've always wanted to try one so this seemed like a perfect time to have a go so I made her Zingy Orange Ginger Carrot Cake.


The cake was MASSIVE and so moist (soooo many carrots) that I almost broke it every time I tried to move it; the flavour of the ginger and orange are subtle but complimentary and the ginger makes it different to a regular carrot cake.  Plus I hate cream cheese icing so this was perfect for me with its' white chocolate buttercream.


This is not the slice I ate, mine was much much smaller, honestly.


No comments:

Post a Comment