13 February 2011

Mocha Cupcakes

A friend's mum has just come out of hospital so is resting so I decided I'd take her some cupcakes as a little gift as she does a lot of (very tasty) baking usually and we always talk about when I'm round!

I made the Primrose bakery's chocolate sponge but added a coffee shot by mixing 1 teaspoon of instant coffee with 1 teaspoon of boiling water and folding it through the mixture before spooning it into the cases.  The icing is chocolate swiss merringue buttercream and coffee swiss merringue buttercream.
I did top the cakes with a dusting of cocoa powder or a walnut half later but didn't get a photo of them.

2 comments:

  1. wow! these are the cakes that were made for me they were so delicious, they made my shoulder feel much better. The icing was particulary gorgeous I am going to try and make this once I can pick a whisk up again !

    ReplyDelete