24 March 2011

American Cookies

My boyfriend showed me a recipe for American-style chocolate chip cookies last night here which he used to make himself at school, so I thought I'd have a go at making some today.


Goey biscuits that don't look properly cooked freak me out so I baked these for 12 minutes, they're still a bit soft but as they're not thick cookies I don't think they'd be cooked if I'd taken them out earlier.

The ground rolled oats give the cookies a more nutty taste and a different texture. I've managed to eat 5 so far and it made masses so I'm putting them out of sight till I can fob them off on Giles later to save my diet.....as if.

American Chocolate Chip Cookies (makes loads and loads)
100g rolled oats
125g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
50g milk chocolate
100g butter
100g soft brown sugar
100g caster sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
115g chocolate chips

1) Preheat the oven to 190C and grease and line as many baking trays as you own, this recipe makes a ton of cookies!
2) Whizz oats up in a food processor; add flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt and whizz up. Add the chocolate and whizz that too!
3) Cream the butter and both sugars
4) Beat the egg and vanilla extract into the butter mix, beat to combine, then stir through chocolate chips and the whizzed up ingredients.
5) Roll balls of dough the size of ping-pong balls and place them 5cm apart on the trays to allow for spreading.
6) Bake for 10 minutes for a weird 'raw' cookie, or 12 minutes if you don't want them squishy.

No comments:

Post a Comment