3 January 2011

Christmas Cupcakes

I always take cupcakes to my friend Vicky's house when she has parties (quite a lot!) and her mum always takes a few for herself and her husband so when she held her annual Christmas party she asked if I would make some cupcakes for her and I was perfectly happy to oblige!



I'm sorry I didn't take a better photo of them but I was in a rush to get home (I had my final exam the next day) but this is them boxed up to be taken over by my mum.

On the far left are chocolate sponge topped with orange swiss merringue buttercream and dusted (quite badly!) with cocoa powder; the middle are ginger cupcakes topped with a light lemon swiss merringue buttercream and sprinkled with cinnamon (I'm told these were the most popular and went very quickly) and on the right are a fruit sponge topped with brandy butter swiss merringue buttercream with little silver balls on and some glitter which you can't really see.

I felt quite proud of myself when I sent them off and Amanda said she loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment